Rain update(7:00pm): Good news! Sun is out and the show will go on as scheduled!
Austin Symphony’s July 4th Concert and Fireworks is an Austin Tradition. Free Fireworks, and a Free Live performance for all central Texans. Great food and drinks, and a variety of local Arts & Crafts vendors.
Location: Downtown Austin at Vic Mathias Shores (Formally Auditorium Shores) and the Long Center (600 W. Riverside Dr., Austin, TX).
Date: Tuesday July 4, 2018
- Riverside Drive from Lamar to S. 1st St.
- Cesar Chavez between MoPac and Congress. North- and Southbound MoPac will be diverted to 5th St. and Enfield/5th St.
ALL STREETS WILL BE REOPENED NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT.
- Motorized vehicles will be prohibited on the trails.
- The lower portion of the Hike & Bike Trail on the north side of Lady Bird Lake (between Seaholm intake Structure and S. 1st St.) will be closed at 10 a.m. The upper sidewalk will along Cesar Chavez will remain open.
- For safety reasons, Lady Bird Lake between the railroad trestle bridge and the S. 1st St. Bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. to midnight.
For any media inquiries please contact Eric Marshall at 512-476-6064 or [email protected]
Parking and Getting to the event
Sign up for Lyft and get $10 off your first ride. They will drop you off right at the event! Use promo code ATXJULY4 . Code can be used anytime. before July 4th or the month of July.
Reserve your parking in advance and get there on time, stress free!
To book convenient and affordable parking, we recommend using SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app.
To reserve your parking spot today, visit the Austin Symphony July 4th SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up.
New to SpotHero? Download the SpotHero iPhone | Android app and enter promo code ATXSYMPHONY for an extra 10% off your first park!
Capital Metro will run Saturday-level service on the 4th of July, with MetroRapid and MetroRail each running past midnight. Public transportation information for July 4th is available at capmetro.org/July4th.
Paid Parking Options:
Long Center for Performing Arts (Entrance on Barton Springs just west of 1st Street)
One Texas Center Parking Garage (Entrance on Barton Springs just west of 1st Street)
Free Parking Options:
TXDOT parking lots (Entrance on Riverside Just east of Congress Ave.)
ADA Parking will be by permit at the Palmer Event Center Garage on a first come, first served basis. Entrance is from the south via Barton Springs Rd.
What you Can and Cannot Bring
- Food & Drinks
- Liquor Beer or Wine
- Weapons or Fireworks
- barbeque grills
You Can bring:
- Baby Food & Drinks
- bottled water
- Ice Chest with Ice
- Small umbrellas, but please take down before fireworks so that you do not block others view of the fireworks display. Thanks!
- 4:00pm: Vendors open for business
- 8:00pm: Symphony performance begins
- 9:30pm: Fireworks begin
- 10:00pm: Fireworks over