ZOA ENERGY DRINK PRESENTS BAT FEST August 26, 2023
More Bands to be announced
- Flo Rida
- Mike Ryan
- That Mexican OT
- George Birge
- Mike Jones
- Tim Dugger
- Alien Ant Farm
- Lil Flip
- Parker Ryan
- Chris Castaneda
- Dj Grip
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE_*Cost:* Early bird gone. Admission $35 regular GA advance, $40 cash at the gate including all service charges and fees. Children 10 and under free with an adult. Tickets to 2023 Bat Fest.
VIP Tickets: *Price $300*regular price VIP
Want to be in the front row? Get a VIP ticket. It includes access to VIP only designated areas featuring front row standing area at the North and South stages, private restrooms, a covered backstage area with seating and tables near main stage, misting fans, a voucher to be used at the official event merchandise booth for any event t-shirt available, reserved VIP parking in the nearby TXDOT lot, a private cash bar with the only mixed drinks available at the festival including 2 complimentary drink tickets* for any adult beverage served at the bar (adult beverages can be purchased after drink tickets are used), 1 food voucher to be used in the VIP area food provided by Rudy’s, water and soda. *Must be 21 or older to consume beer, wine, or liquor in Texas. Rain or Shine event. Refunds and rescheduling are not possible.
About the Bats:
A good source for information specific to the Congress Ave. Bats is Austinbats.org . Because bats are wild animals, it is hard to predict exactly when the emergence will begin but the flight usually begins between 7:00 – 8:45 p.m. The emergence can last up to ½ hour as 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats head out for their nightly flight.
Bat Costume Contest:
Prize is $100 plus a ZOA Energy Drink Blue Tooth Cooler for Best Adult Costume and $100 plus an Urban Air (Bee Cave or Cedar Park) gift certificate for a party of 10 for best childrens costume. Participants will be lined up on Stage, and the crowd will be asked to yell for the costume they like the best. Originality is encouraged.
Venue – Ann W Richards Congress Avenue Bridge + adjacent Austin American Statesman (AAS) parking lot
Event Hours – 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm (bridge) 4:00 – 11:59 pm (AAS Lot)
Austin, Texas is fortunate to be the home of the largest urban bat colony in the world as 2 million Mexican Free-Tail Bats live underneath the Ann W. Richards Congress Ave Bridge in the heart of Downtown! Every night during spring and summer, these magnificent creatures fly out from their roosting places in search of tasty Texas insects. Thousands of people from all over the world visit the Ann W. Richards Congress Ave Bridge every night to witness this amazing sight.
Roadway Productions is proud to present the 17th ANNUAL BAT FEST – An Austin Festival Tradition that celebrates LIVE Music, Food, Family Fun, Children’s Activities, and of course, THE FAMOUS CONGRESS BRIDGE BATS! This is the only festival in Austin that takes place on a bridge!
Two stages of live music
The Congress Bridge North Stage (north end of bridge) will operate from 4 pm – 11pm and will feature one of our co-headlining artists.
The Austin American Statesman Stage (parking lot) will operate from 4 pm – 11:59 pm and will feature one of our co-headlining artists.
-kid’s zone with complimentary activities
-fabulous food and drink vendors
-approximately 25 arts & crafts vendors
-the famous Congress Avenue Bridge Bats!
-see the creative Austin Bike Zoo
Bat Viewing will take place on the bridge / below the bridge from the Statesman Lot (exact timing is not available as Mother Nature dictates here).
*event format, stage locations, all logistics subject to change.
2023 Food Vendors:
We have an awesome lineup of food vendors for you this year:
• Sandia’s Concessions Booth #1 – aguas frescas
• Pham’s Concessions – chicken on a stick, chicken fried rice, chicken lo mein, egg rolls, lamb gyros
• Burro Cheese Kitchen – gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and kettle chips
• Old Time Funnel Cakes – classic festival food including funnel cakes, corn dogs, ribbon fries
• Tiff’s Treats – warm freshly baked cookies and their famous ice cream sandwich – the Tiffwich”
• Snowie – shaved ice, nachos, freshly squeezed lemonade
• Miss-Lou Cooking Cafe – Old fashion fried pork chop (or get it grilled), Miss-Tex Queso Meaty dip (or get it with Beyond Meat) with chips or fries, wings, burgers (shrimp, bacon cheese burger or beyond meat), Natchez sausage links, and more
Statesman Lot Vendors
• Wetzel’s Pretzels – fresh pretzels of the sweet and savory variety with dips, frozen beverages
• Kings n Queens Jamaican Cuisine – extensive selection of classic Jamaican fare including jerk chicken, curry goat, plantains, escovitch red snapper, oxtails and much more
• Sandia’s Concessions Booth #2 – delicious aguas frescas
• Orion’s Water Ice – Italian Ice
• The Original New Orlean Po-Boy & Gumbo Shop – Cajun cuisine such as shrimp or fish po-boys, shrimp baskets, fish baskets, gumbo, red beans and rice, boudin egg rolls, beignets and more
•YAPA Artisan Empanadas – meat, veggies, and vegan empanadas
Parking/ Getting TherePaid Parking: TXDOT lot located accessed from Riverside Drive just east of Congress 150 & 200 East Riverside Dr. Paid Parking: Austin American Statesman 305 South Congress Ave.
- * PAID Parking: Palmer Events Center Garage, S. 1st and Riverside
- * PAID Parking: One Texas Center 505 Barton Springs Road Austin, TX 78704
- * PAID Parking: Various hotels in area both south and north of the river
- * PAID Parking: The Long Center at 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704
- * PAID PARKING: 100 N. Congress and the entrance to the garage is on Ceaser Chavez between Congress and Colorado
- Bike Parking: We have Bicycle Rack to secure your bike. Be GREEN!
- *Bike Share to Bat Fest: We’ll valet your Austin B-cycle from 6pm to Midnight at the entrance at Barton Springs and Congress Ave.
- Ride the Bus It is a great cheap, green option.
This year it is extremely hot. We have changed our water policy from 1 bottle of sealed water to no limit. Stay cool and hydrated. We suggest hats, sun screen, and loose fitting clothing if you are planning to come early. By 6pm the buildings start to provide some shade until 8pm when the sun goes down. Prior to 6pm the best place to seek out shade is under the large Pecan Trees along the river on the Austin American Statesman Property near the South Stage.
What not to bringDon’t Bring:
- Food & Drinks
- Liquor Beer or Wine
- Weapons or Fireworks
- Baby Food & Drinks
- sealed bottled water
- Bags will be searched
- Soft sided coolers with ice and bottled water only
- CamelBaks most come in empty so that we know they do not contain alcohol. You can fill them at the WaterMonster.
BAT FLIGHT VIDEO
Austin American Statesman Stage
- 4:00pm Chris Castaneda
- 5:05pm Baxley
- 5:45pm Bat Costume Contest
- 6:40pm Tim Dugger
- 8:00pm Alien Ant Farm
- 9:20pm That Mexican OT
- 11:00pm Flo Rida
Bridge North Stage
- 4:20pm Lil Flip
- 6:00pm Parker Ryan
- 7:20pm George Birge
- 8:40pm Mike Jones
- 10:00pm Mike Ryan
All Times and performers subject to change
Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown South Congress is offering an exclusive Summer Bat Package. Available now through September 30. One of the hotel’s spacious suites, free parking, and late check-out, along with complimentary breakfast and WiFi. call +1 512-469-9000
The The LINE hotel Has the best view of the bats and is the close to the event.
Address: 111 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78701, United States
Comfort Suites Located just south on IH35.
COMFORT SUITES – SOUTH AUSTIN
5001 S IH 35, Austin, TX, 78744, US
Phone: (512) 727-1558 Fax: (512) 953-8392