22nd Annual Louisiana Swamp Thing & Crawfish Festival April 23, 2016
23rd Annual will be postponed till 2018. Thanks for your support!
FREE CRAWFISH ARE BACK!
Location: The Austin American Statesman Parking Lot
Address: 305 South Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78704
Cost: Admission $20.00 cash at the gate. Kids 8 and under free with an adult. A Limited number of VIP tickets are available for $80
Hours: 11am to 10:00pm
About the Event:
If you love all things Louisiana this is the event for you! Enjoy two stages featuring 10 Louisiana bands. You’ll hear Funk, Brass, Zydeco, Cajun, and the Blues. Tempt your taste buds with some amazing food vendors who sell everything from jambalaya to alligator. If you prefer crawfish, the Louisiana Swamp Thing & Crawfish Festival has 7,000 pounds of FREE large, boiled, live Crawfish! Served one plate at a time while supplies last. We also have kid’s activities including bounce houses and slides, face painters, and more. Come ready to shop because the festival also has between 15 & 30 arts & crafts booths.
- The Grammy Winning Rebirth Brass Band
- Mingo Fishtrap
- Academicos da Opera
- Charles Thibodeaux & The Austin Cajun Aces
- Jean-Pierre & The Zydeco Angels
- Slim Bawb & The Fabulous Stumpgrinders
- Dikki Du & The Zydeco Krewe
- Dead Music Capital Band
- Big Wy’s Brass Band
- Dharma Kings
- The Boleys
General Admission $20 at the gate day of show cash only! (8 and under free with an adult admission)
Hours: 11am to 10:30pm
- Food & Drinks
- Liquor Beer or Wine
- Weapons or Fireworks
You Can bring:
- Baby Food & Drinks
- One bottle of water
Forget the hassle of parking. Our friends at Lyft will drop you off at the festival entrance. To spice up the deal, they are also providing FREE rides to those who are new to Lyft. To get your free ride, click here or enter code SWAMPATX in the Lyft App (Payment area).
TXDOT lot located accessed from Riverside Drive just east of Congress.
- Numerous paid lots in the area including
- * The Austin American Statesman Parking Lot at 305 S. Congress Ave.
- * Palmer Events Center Garage, S. 1st and Riverside
- * One Texas Center 505 Barton Springs Road Austin, TX 78704
- * Various hotels in area both south and north of the river
- * The Long Center at 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704
- Bike Parking: We have Bicycle Rack to secure your bike. Be GREEN!
- 11:00am Jean-Pierre & The Zydeco Angels
- 12:20pm Slim Bawb & the Fabulous Stumpgrinders
- 1:40pm Dikki Du & The Zydeco Krewe
- 3:00pm Polyrhythmics
- 4:20pm Charles Thibodeaux
- 5:40pm Dr. Zog
- 7:05pm Mingo Fishtrap
- 8:30pm The Grammy Winning Rebirth Brass Band
- 11am to 4:00pm Academicos da Opera
- Noon to 3:00pm Big Wy’s Brass Band
- 4:00pm to 6:00pm Dead Music Capital Band
Austin Rocks Stage
- 7:00pm to 8:00pm The Boleys
- 8:20pm to 9:20pm Dharma Kings
The Radisson Hotel
Address: 111 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78701, United States
Phone: +1 512-478-9611
Food Vendors at event
Who’s hungry for some CAJUN FOOD and other tasty treats!? Check out the menus of our amazing food vendors for the 22nd Annual Louisiana Swamp Thing & Crawfish Festival:
7,000 lbs. of live boiled crawfish will be handed out 1 plate at a time (about 1 pound per plate) while supplies last!!! Get back in line again and again if you choose! Corn and Potatoes will be available for an extra charge.
Mardis Gras Cajun Cuisine – Cajun Nachos, Etouffee, Catfish Atchafalaya, Mardi Gras (crawfish) Pasta, Sweet Tea, Fruit Punch, Pecan Pralines
Texas Concessions – Shrimp Basket, Shrimp PoBoy, Oyster Basket, Oyster PoBoy, Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice, Boudin, Catfish Basket, Soft Shell Crab, Rabbit, Frog Legs, Rattlesnake, Alligator, Philly Cheesesteaks, Tea, Cherry Limeade
The Original New Orleans Po-Boy and Gumbo Shop – Jambalaya, Etouffee, Red Beans & Rice with Sausage, Shrimp, Crawfish, and Fish PoBoys, Shrimp, Crawfish and Fish Baskets, Hamburgers, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Tea
Schlotzsky’s – Spicy Chicken Pizza with Louisiana Hot Sauce, Pepperoni Pizza, Double Cheese Pizza, Chips
County Fair Catering – Funnel Cakes, Beignets, Corndogs, Chicken Tenders, Hot Dogs, Fries, Cotton Candy, Cheese Sticks, Fresh Lemonade
Doc Popcorn – Spicy Cajun Popcorn, Better Butter Popcorn, Classic Kettle Corn
Marco’s Tacos – Aguas Frescas (Fresh Fruit Drinks)
Wild Bill’s Soda – Old Fashioned Soda