10th Annual Bat Fest – August 23rd, 2014
What will you see at Bat Fest this year? 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats emerging from under the bridge at dusk, 3 stages with live music, more than 75 arts & crafts vendors, delicious food and drinks, fun children’s activities, a bat costume contest and other bat activities.
Location: Congress Ave Bridge
Address: 100 South Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78704
Cost: Admission $10.00 cash at the gate. Kids 8 and under free with an adult.
Hours: 4pm to Midnight
About the Bats:
Because bats are wild animals, it is hard to predict exactly when the emergence will begin but the flight usually begins between 7:00 – 8:45 p.m. For current emergence times call 512-327-9721 EX16. On August 22 they we monitored the emergence and it was at 7:30pm. The emergence can last up to ½ hour as 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats head out for their nightly flight. Bat Conservation International will have a festive booth on the bridge helping celebrate Austin’s favorite furry flying friends!
NEWS UPDATE! Bats Flying at 7:30pm on AUGUST 22nd!
Bat Costume Contest: Prize is $100 for Best Adult Costume and $100 for best childrens costume. Participants will be lined up on Stage, and the crowd will be asked to yell for the costume they like the best. Originality is encouraged.
GET A FREE RIDE TO BAT FEST USING UBER!
PROMO CODE: BATFEST14
TXDOT lot located accessed from Riverside Drive just east of Congress.
- Numerous paid lots in the area including
- * The Austin American Statesman Parking Lot at 305 S. Congress Ave.
- * Palmer Events Center Garage, S. 1st and Riverside
- * One Texas Center 505 Barton Springs Road Austin, TX 78704
- * Various hotels in area both south and north of the river
- * The Long Center at 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704
- Bike Parking: We have Bicycle Rack to secure your bike. Be GREEN!
- Ride the Bus! It is a great cheap, green option.
General Admission $10 at the gate day of show cash only! (8 and under free with an adult admission)
General Admission gets you access to all three stages, bats, arts and crafts booths, children’s area, the statesman parking lot event, the bridge, and more!
Hours: 4pm to Midnight
- Food & Drinks
- Liquor Beer or Wine
- Weapons or Fireworks
You Can bring:
- Baby Food & Drinks
- One bottle of water
Bridge North Stage
- 4:00pm: Joseph King
- 5:40pm Bat Costume Contest
- 6:15pm Suzanna Choffel
- 8:15pm Saints of Valory
- 10:00pm Blue October
Bridge South Stage
- 4:00pm Wartime Social
- 5:15pm Vallejo
- 7:15pm The Wind & The Wave
- 9:00pm Dangerous Toys
- 11:30pm 8Stops7
Austin360 Stage Sponsored by David Komie the attorney that Rocks!
- 4:00pm Candiland
- 4:45pm Untold Sky featuring Brian Batch
- 5:30pm Jake Andrews
- 6:15pm Dragon Blood Sex Machine
- 7:05pm Alpha Rev
- 8:25pm Del Castillo
- 9:45pm Dharma Kings Featuring the Attorney That Rocks
- 11:00pm A Flock of Seagulls