What will you see at BatFest this year? 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats emerging from under the bridge at dusk, 3 stages with live music, more than 75 arts & crafts vendors, delicious food and drinks, fun children’s activities, a bat costume contest and other bat activities.
- Blue October
- A Flock of Seagulls7
- Dangerous Toys
- Dharma Kings Featuring the Attorney That Rocks
- Saints of Valory
- Suzanna Choffel
- Del Castillo
- Joseph King Band
- Wartime Social
- Alpha Rev
- Untold Sky featuring Brian Batch
- Bat Costume Contest
- The Wind & The Wave
Location: Congress Ave Bridge
Address: 100 South Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701
Because bats are wild animals, it is hard to predict exactly when the emergence will begin but the flight usually begins between 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. For current emergence times call 512-327-9721 EX16. The emergence can last up to ½ hour as 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats head out for their nightly flight. Bat Conservation International will have a festive booth on the bridge helping celebrate Austin’s favorite furry flying friends!
TXDOT lot located accessed from Riverside Drive just east of Congress.
- Numerous paid lots in the area including
- Palmer Events Center Garage, S. 1st and Riverside
- One Texas Center 505 Barton Springs Road Austin, TX 78704
- Various hotels in area both south and north of the river
- The Long Center at 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704
- Bike Parking: We have Bicycle Rack to secure your bike. Be GREEN!
- Ride the Bus! It is a great cheap, green option.
Bat Flight Video
General Admission $10 at the gate day of show cash only! (8 and under free with an adult admission)
General Admission gets you access to both stages, bats, arts and crafts booths, children’s area, and more!
The Raddison Hotel Has the best view of the bats and is the closest to the event of any hotel in Austin.
Address: 111 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78701, United States
Phone: +1 512-478-9611
Bridge North Stage
- 4:00pm: Joseph King Band
- 5:40pm Bat Costume Contest
- 6:15pm Suzanna Choffel
- 8:15pm Saints of Valory
- 10:00pm Blue October
Bridge South Stage
- 4:00pm Wartime Social
- 5:15pm Vallejo
- 7:15pm The Wind & The Wave
- 9:00pm Dangerous Toys
- 11:30pm 8Stops7
Austin American Statesman Stage Sponsored by David Komie the attorney that Rocks!
- 4:00pm Candiland
- 4:45pm Untold Sky featuring Brian Batch
- 5:30pm Jake Andrews
- 6:15pm Dragon Blood Sex Machine
- 7:05pm Alpha Rev
- 8:25pm Del Castillo
- 9:45pm Dharma Kings Featuring the Attorney That Rocks
- 11:00pm A Flock of Seagulls