16th Annual Bat Fest – August 29th, 2020
What will you see at Bat Fest this year? 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats emerging from under the bridge at dusk, 2 stages with live music, more than 50 arts & crafts vendors, delicious food and drinks, fun children’s activities, a bat costume contest and other bat activities.
Location: Congress Ave Bridge
Address: 100 South Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78704
Hours: 4pm to Midnight
Let Your friends know you are going:
We are currently in regular communications with the City of Austin regarding recommendations and requirements for COVID-19.
Some Possible Outcomes Include:
1) Restrictions are fully lifted and the event goes on as scheduled as in the past.
2) Event capacity is limited and tickets will likely go up in price, but we will honor existing ticket holders.
3) The event is completely rescheduled to 2021 and likely the entire same lineup will take place in 2021. 2020 tickets will be honored in 2021. Refunds would be issued to those that would rather have a refund than 2021 tickets.
Cost: Admission $15 in advance with early bat special first 3,000 tickets , $20 at the gate or after the early bat tickets are gone. Kids 8 and under free with an adult. Tickets
VIP Tickets: Price $150 early bird, $200 regular price.
Want to be in the front row? Get a VIP ticket. It includes access to VIP only designated areas featuring front row standing area at the main stage in the Austin American Statesman parking lot, also a front row area at the North Bridge stage, private restrooms, a covered backstage area with seating and tables near main stage, misting fans, a voucher to be used at the official event merchandise booth for any event t-shirt available, reserved VIP parking in the nearby TXDOT lot, a private cash bar with the only mixed drinks available at the festival including 2 complimentary drink tickets* for any adult beverage served at the bar (adult beverages can be purchased after drink tickets are used), 1 food voucher for the backstage catering area (food provided by Rudy’s Country Store and BBQ!), water and soda. *Must be 21 or older to consume beer, wine, or liquor in Texas. Rain or Shine event. Refunds and rescheduling are not possible.h4.
About the Bats:
A good source for information specific to the Congress Ave. Bats is Austinbats.org . Because bats are wild animals, it is hard to predict exactly when the emergence will begin but the flight usually begins between 7:00 – 8:45 p.m. For current emergence times call 512-327-9721. The emergence can last up to ½ hour as 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats head out for their nightly flight.
Bat Costume Contest:
Prize is $100 for Best Adult Costume and $100 for best childrens costume. Participants will be lined up on Stage, and the crowd will be asked to yell for the costume they like the best. Originality is encouraged.
Parking/ Getting There
Free Parking: TXDOT lot located accessed from Riverside Drive just east of Congress 150 & 200 East Riverside Dr. Signs on fence as shown below.
- * PAID Parking: Palmer Events Center Garage, S. 1st and Riverside
- * PAID Parking: One Texas Center 505 Barton Springs Road Austin, TX 78704
- * PAID Parking: Various hotels in area both south and north of the river
- * PAID Parking: The Long Center at 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704
- * PAID PARKING: 100 N. Congress and the entrance to the garage is on Ceaser Chavez between Congress and Colorado
- Bike Parking: We have Bicycle Rack to secure your bike. Be GREEN!
- *Bike Share to Bat Fest: We’ll valet your Austin B-cycle from 6pm to Midnight at the entrance at Barton Springs and Congress Ave.
- Ride the Bus It is a great cheap, green option.
General Admission gets you access to all stages, bats, arts and crafts booths, children’s area, the statesman parking lot event, the bridge, and more!
Hours: 4pm to Midnight
- Food & Drinks
- Liquor Beer or Wine
- Weapons or Fireworks
- Baby Food & Drinks
- One bottle of water
BAT FLIGHT VIDEO
Austin American Statesman Stage
- 5:50pm Bat Costume Contest
Bridge North Stage
The The LINE hotel Has the best view of the bats and is the closest to the event of any hotel in Austin. Use Promo Code BATFEST for a discounted rate!
Address: 111 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78701, United States
The Hampton Inn downtown. They are walking distance to the festival. Follow the link to get the special rate.
Comfort Suites Located just south on IH35.
COMFORT SUITES – SOUTH AUSTIN
5001 S IH 35, Austin, TX, 78744, US
Phone: (512) 727-1558 Fax: (512) 953-8392